Friday, March 13, 2009

Armed with a mobile phone 1

Mobile phones with cameras are bloody useful when you're out and about and an old banger pops up. In my case, I'm usually driving so can only look on wistfully as the old girl bombs passed (as was the case with the bogie drive ACCO and bogie trailer today). However, sometimes it all comes together...and I find myself wishing I had a camera in the glovebox! Still, a camera phone is handy.


Yesterday, I managed this bad photo of a six-wheel ACCO (the sign in the body says Foundation Investigation Unit and that's an old R-Model Mack behind the Kenworth) and today, while getting some groceries, this C1500 tipper was parked nearby. Not a bad old girl but then I do have a soft spot for tippers! Note the farm licence.

2 comments:

  1. Have seen that one around Andy, tis an Army MkV 6x6, owned by Vicroads or whatever they call themselves now. Regards Pete

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pete. I'd like to see her under her own steam one of these days.

    ReplyDelete