Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sydney Antique Machinery Club - September 20, 2008

Mark Bowman visited the SAMC's show in September of last year but encountered camera problems. While he enjoyed himself, he was only able to take these four photos! He writes:

The emphasis was on stationary engines and tractors however there were about a dozen or so trucks (Ed - so despite the camera problems, Mark still managed to get 33% of the trucks attending!). There was also a contingent of army vehicles and motor bikes. There were a few stalls selling spares and tools and even one selling handbags. I assume that was for the husbands who had dragged their wives to yet another "old machine meet". You had to be careful crossing the roads as a couple of huge steam tractors were hairing around the tracks at nearly 4 kmh! Next time I'm putting the right memory card in the camera!

Above: a very tidy 1946 Chev of around the 1500cwt size. Below: I'm sure I saw this AS110 (?) at Dubbo in July. Ah, just reminded myself that I haven't shared my Dubbo pics...oh dear.

Above: a tidy Morris Commercial LC3 in good company. Below: an unrestored example of the ubiquitous International S-model.


No comments:

Post a Comment