Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Long Lap - New Zealand...North Island this time!

Remember the Bill Richardson Memorial Run (The Long Lap) held over what turned out to be my birthday weekend in October 2007 (had I known!)? Remember the stunning Howard Pettigrew (www.commer.org.nz) photos of old trucks against the stunning New Zealand South Island scenery? Well, I had heard rumours of there being a North Island Long Lap in October of this year but Mike Houghton, Leyland "Beaver Steer" owner and afficianado (so therefore a most honourable chap as you can see below), asked around and said it wasn't happening this year. However, he's just let me know that the Labour long weekend in October 2010 will be the date for the North Island Long Lap. So, start making your plans for NILL (assuming Alice 2010 doesn't eat up all of your funds and leave!).

I believe we're off to a wedding in Wales around about October so...

No comments:

Post a Comment