Thursday, May 28, 2009

Bridgetown Old Machinery Show - 2009

I'm afraid the name of this show escapes me at the moment but this is the third instalment of something that started in 2004 if I remember correctly. From the photos below this is one of the best truck attendances I've seen in the West ...and just check out the Ridolfo Pete!

The line up below consists of, from right to left, Peter Johnston's 1953 Chev, a Ford A, Rob Hyde's V8 Inter, Brian Brooke's 110 (I think) van, a Dodge, Barry Kitto's R190 and Ted Pickston's equally stunning Foden (and a few others I can't ID).

Above: Daniel Ridolfo's stunning Peterbilt, 1960 or 1961 I think, was the first truck his family's business bought. I last saw her in 2004 sitting in a Kewdale workshop as a very well-restored rolling chassis and engine and I believe she was recovered from a sugar cane farm in Queensland. If Barry Kitto's R190 was the leading restoration from last year, this surely must be 2009's selection. Below: the attention to detail is superb.


Above: this Inter with the Kalgoorlie plates was restored 20 years ago by Bourkie who Victorians might remember came over with Barry to last year's Sandown. Below: Ted Pickston's magic Foden S20 is a former east-west prime-mover. You don't see many of these on the road down here!

Above: this B61 was originally restored by a haulier bloke in Geraldton before being sold to its current 'edge-of-Donnybrook' owner who has at least another 15 trucks in his collection (his name escapes me ... I'm doing well tonight!). She's a bit different in having her glove box lid signed by Slim Dusty.

No comments:

Post a Comment