Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year

Hello, remember me? I'm your friendly old truck nut who has been a bit lazy of late. Can't believe the most recent entry (after this one) is October. Time flies when you're, err, not doing much!

I apologise for the quiet ACC of late. To be honest, I lost interest in old trucks in general. No, the passion didn't die - I still got excited seeing things on the side of the road - it just got buried under a few other interests and responsibilities. I've been pretty frustrated with my work situation, or lack thereof, but things are looking up in that respect. However finding several trucks in the local area that are 'target' projects for me and knowing they are relatively cheap but being unable to do anything about it has been very annoying and I basically threw my hands up in the air and thought "why bother?" So I took a step back from the 'industry' and looked elsewhere. What I have missed, though, is the down-to-earth people who get about the old truck world. Therefore expect phone calls or emails from me (if you can't wait, contact me!) in the near future as I endeavour to catch up with everyone.

I won't say we're back to business as usual yet - however I would like to thank Andrew Blacklock and Pat Morris for continually banging old gear at me to keep me 'on the hook' - but I spoke to Mal Wotherspoon this morning (he of the bright green Commer) and he has some great news which I'll hold until his photos arrive. Tomorrow, though, I'll give you a photo essay of what my travels have revealed over the past few months. There's a fine selection of everything from old rope shovels to hard-working White prime-movers.

To those who have popped in here hoping for new posts and not finding any, I apologise, the wait is over! Thanks for hanging around.

Andy

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back Andy. I did wonder if you'd been hit by a truck. Mark Bowman

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed you Andy

    Mike Houghton

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to hear from you again - must talk to you about Trucks in Action

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andy , Welcome back , thought there was something amiss not hearing from you in so long . good to see your still alive an clicking .. I was starting to think the " hit by a truck " theory , myself ..Like your link to bedford world , now bedford trucks worldwide . heaps of photos .. neet !!!
    Richard NZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andy.
    A greatings from Norway.Many great photos and intresting comments.Nice to see all lovely IH`s.I would like to have a R-190.Not many IH on wheels in Norway,most smaller firetrucks.
    Hope to see you i in Norway.
    Best Regards Lars

    ReplyDelete